Thursday, June 26, 2008

Evening of Stamping

I know it's been a while since I blogged last, so I thought I would share with you my evening of stamping last night. Yesterday DH and DD went to World's Of Fun (amusement park in Kansas City). I didn't go because there was a total of 1 ride I am able to go on because of my back. So Instead I stayed home and lounged all day. I decided to spend the evening stamping and here is what I have to show for it.

One of the downers of living the military life is friends moving away after you get to know them so well. A few years ago I was surfing on Splitcoast and I came across a post from someone who lives here on Ft. Riley. I PM'ed her to say hi. Turns out she had just moved from the street I lived on at the time. Small world huh? Well she moved to a different neighborhood but still on Ft. Riley. We became fast friends. Well she is one of my many friends moving this summer. So I wanted to make her a going away gift to remember me by. I used the SU set Time Well Spent and the rubons from Sell-A-Brations along with some silk flowers. Mounted in a black frame. I love how this turned out. She loved it too.

I did the card in my favorite colors because I thought it would make her smile. The card is stamped on a pre-scored card from TAC. The ribbon is from HL and I put stickles on the center of the flower. I like to brush the stickles on with a paint brush. Gives it a more subtle look.
There are a couple of ladies in my church who are having babies. I was asked to make the cake for their double baby shower on Saturday. Here are the cards I made for them. I haven't done the gifts yet, but as soon as I do I will post pics for you. I'll post pics of the cake when I get that done too. I paper pieced both cards. Both cards were done with the TAC preggers set (don't remember the name though, How Swell maybe?). Layouts on both cards were inspired by cards in the current (soon to be retired) SU catty.

One of the ladies is having a boy so I used Almost Amythest and Black for hers. I also used my cuttlebug and my new Birds and Swirls Embossing folder. I dusted it with dew drop chalks to make the embossing stand out.

And the other lady is having a girl so I used what I thought was an odd combo, but I love the end result. I used the retired DP pack of Spring Flowers (I think that's what it's called) to do the paper piecing for her top. The pink color and yellow color on the paper closely matched Groovy Guava and Barely Banana, so I decided that those would be my starting colors. I wanted a color to make the guava panel pop so I went to my Printed paper again and chose the Not Quite Navy (that and that was the color I chose for the lady's pants. I paper peirced around the navy piece, added some ribbon, and there you have it.
I also stamped some book marks but I never took pics of those. I will see if I can do that. DD wanted me to make her a book mark with an owl and using Slytherin colors. LOL So I did. It turned out cute. I will try to get pics of them all.

No comments: