Thursday, September 04, 2008

My favorites

And now, for the final VSN creations, not to mention my two favorite. I didn't get nearly as many challenges done as I would have liked to, but I was happy with what I did do. So that's something right?
Anyhow, this first card was created for a challenge where the hostess talked about the talent of Eric Carle who is a writer and illustrator of children's books. The challenge was to watercolor on our card. Perfect challenge for me! I love watercoloring! My favorite way to watercolor (for right now at least) is to use the SU stampin' write markers and an aquapainter. I just love how this card turned out. The picture is fuzzy so you can't really read the sentiment, but it says, "girl, it's all about the belly". The set is from TAC. I love this set!


Stamps: How Swell (TAC)
Paper: Rose Red, Night Of Navy, Watercolor Paper, Rose Red DP
Ink: Staz On
Accessories: Ribbon, crop-a-dile, eyelets, markers, aquapainter,
This next card is my favorite. It was for a challenge inspired by a book called Mukiwa, about a boy growing up in Zimbabwe, Africa. Our challenge was to make a card using the Brayered Batik technique. For an extra bonus we could use African animals on our peice. I have never done this technique before. It was so much fun! I will definately be doing it again. I just love how it turned out.
Stamps: Wild Animals (Pink Cat Studios)
Paper: Sahara Sand, Really Rust, Watercolor Paper
Ink: Versamark, Black Craft Ink, Autumn Leaves Kalidecolor
Accessories: Black EP, Chalk, Embossing Buddy, Powder Pal, Paper Piercer, fibers, brads, white watercolor pencil

So, there you have it, my VSN creations. I know, sad that I only did 7. If you want to see all the challenge, check them out here.

As I told you a week or so ago, all my stamp stuff is packed, along with most of the rest of my house. It is looking very empty around here. So I won't have new creations to share with you. But I thought what I might do to fill in time between now and when I actually get to create again (which hopefully will be in a few weeks) is, I thought I would share with you some of my favorite creations from the past that I have done. And not only that, but I thought I would share with you some of the blogs and websites I love to check out. So let's just call these next couple of weeks, the weeks of my favorites. *grin* Stay tuned!

No comments: