Monday, October 16, 2006

News......

I have news..... Maybe not what ya'll expected but news none the less. My husband has been really concerned lately about adopting before he deploys in March. He has so much training before then too. He is afraid that any child we get won't be able to bond to him before he leaves. I called our worker today because she emailed me and said she needed to talk to me. I told her that about his concerns and she basically said what she needed to talk to me about was that the workers for the kids have expressed to her that they are not wanting to place kids with us because of him deploying as well. Because of this we have decided that we aren't going to adopt right now. So she closed our adoption file. If at any time (including when my husband gets back) we want to reopen it we can. But until then it's closed. We are going to provide foster care while he's gone though so at least that's something. I'm kind of sad but I think for now it's the right decision.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Sharon, I'm sorry that this wasn't the right time for you guys to adopt. You are going to be an amazing foster mom though--you are so loving and caring. You are going to be able to provide a safe place for so many kids and that's a gift. Love you!