Monday, September 10, 2007

Technique Monday

O.k so technically it's actually Tuesday seeing as how it's 12:30. Sorry, wasn't much up to stamping earlier and then I accidentally took a nap and lo and behold, here it is, after midnight and I am wide awake. So, what better to do then stamp right? LOL




So, the technique that I have for you this week is one of my favorites. It's called Blurred Visions, And I love doing this one with the Delight In Life set from this past years SAB. So here it is:

For this card I semi-recreated one of my favorite cards I have ever done using the same technique and same stamp set. This time I changed the ribbon placement, added some ribbon, and changed the colors. Oh, and did some paper piercing and changed the sentiment.



So, here is how you do this technique.


First, you will need a dye based ink (I used SU Basic Black Classic, it's older so it looks purple which with the colors I chose works LOL). It will run when moist and that is what you want it to do. Also you will need an outline stamp set, and the rest of your regular supplies.


Now, to blur your focal image, all you need to do is stamp it using your Dye ink, and then take a water tool, (I prefer to use Blender pens for this because it doesn't get too moist, but you can use a brushed off aquapainter or watercolor brush, just becareful not to get too much water-that would be why I prefer the Blender pen) Then in a circular motion you want to lightly blend your ink out from your image.


Finish your card as desired. For mine, I stamped the Aida BG onto my Pale Plum CS and I attached it to the BB piece. Then I tied some black double stitched ribbon (bought at a craft store) to the piece. Tied another piece of ribbon in a bow and then I attached it to my card. I then attached the focal piece which I mounted on BB CS onto the card. Then I took out my paper piercer and pierced holes in the bottom. Then I stamped my sentiment and there you have it! It literally took 4 minutes, that included getting the supplies to make it.


And there you have it, Blurred Vision.




Tonight I also stamped some images for my mom. My mom is the secretary in her wards (congregation) Releif Society (women's organization) at church. She makes cards for all the ladies birthdays. She has very limited supplies right now because she has just recently discovered the wonderful world of card making. I have been trying to brainwash her, errr show her how fun it can be, for years now. She came to see me last year and we stamped a little. She was hooked! She now goes into stores and sees items in a whole new light. Yay!! the brainwashing, errr convincing worked! *snort* Anyhow, since she still has limited supplies, I told her I would stamp some images for her for the next few months. I also decided to color them for her so she will just need to cut them out and peice her card together. So for the rest of the Sept. birthday's I used the sunflower from Give Thanks (SU), for October, I used the pumpkin, also from Give Thanks. I switched stamp sets for November and used the leaf and acorns from Country Blessings (retired SU), and rounding out the images, December with Snowflakes (sadly, retired SU, I love this set). The snowflakes I just stamped randomly in various shades of blue (my favorite thing to do with this set) so that she could just cut different sizes for her cards, maybe do a one sheet wonder or something. Anyhow, here is a pic of all the images together:

2 comments:

Robyn said...

Very cute card and wonderful technique!!

Hope you are having a great day!

Stampin' Meg said...

I'Ll have to try this technique -I actually have that set. It's sooooo pretty!