Monday, December 17, 2007

Santa Bella


I like to make a special Christmas Card every year for my DD. So today I sat down to make her card. I went through my sets and didn't want to use any of them. I came across some Bella images that I was sent by a dear friend about a year ago. (I have used some, she just sent alot so I still had some left). I decided to see what I could do with the bellas. One of the images she sent was the imeldabella. I decided to see if I could turn her into a Santa. So I colored her outfit red, the belt black with a gold buckle and I used liquid applique on the cuffs of the pants to create a white puffy look, just like Santa's suit. Then I colored her hair yellow (DD is a blonde), made her bow red, and colored the presents various colors. I used my white gel pen (SU) to add shapes and patterns to the presents and then I colored the boots brown. I mounted my newly decorated santa bella to Real Red CS (SU) and then added faux stitching to it using the white gel pen again. I used a small snowflake stamp that I got for my birthday in red on the top of the white card base and added some red velvet ribbon. I then used stampin dimensional (SU) to the back of the image to set it off the card base a little. Then I stamped Merry Christmas from the same set I got the snowflake in (Michaels dollar clear sets, love them!) in Staz On black and I colored the holly leaves and berries on the sentiment using red and green. That simple. I absolutely love the way this turned out. And there you have it, a Santa Bella Christmas Card, made ecspecially for my DD!

No comments: