Thursday, December 13, 2007

Tribute to the once lovely trees

So I ventured out yesterday. My neighbors came over and asked if I needed anything at Walmart because they were going. I answered "Anything I need.... no. But! Harry Potter # 5 came out and I want to get that." LOL So I went with them to Walmart realizing I did need to get another case of water so my trip wouldn't be totally insane like. So anyhow, as we were driving through our lovely Army post with it's once tall and gorgeous trees, we saw the destruction of the ice storm. Trees are everywhere. There is actually a few that I saw where the ice brought down entire trees, and we aren't talking smaller trees like the ones in my front yard, we are talking tall majestic 100 year old trees, lying on the ground, completely uprooted. It's crazy! Our place will never be the same. *sad* So last night I got to thinking, I wanted to create a card that would be a tribute to our once stunning landscape. Here's hoping that when the ice melts and the destruction is cleared away, that we will still have plenty of gorgeous trees.

I used the Lovely as a Tree stamp set (SU), along with the Snowflakes set (retired SU), I stamped the snowflakes on the Brocade Blue CS using versamark, then I stamped the trees on the Whisper White CS using StazOn. After that I mounted the WW peice to Brushed Silver CS and added stickles to the trees and ground to give the icey effect (used a brush to apply it so it was a soft brushed look.) I used Crystal stickles on the ground for snow, then I used Waterfall stickles in the trees to create the icey effect. I added some ribbon to the card base (ribbon bought from HL) and mounted the image peice after it dryed.



**On a side note, my neighbor decided to lift the tree off my roof (yes it was still there, there have been so many downed trees that housing hadn't been able to get to it yet). Several of the branches are broken and who knows what will happen to the tree when the ice melts. But I thought I would take a picture of it this morning:


It looks so sad.....

No comments: