Friday, February 01, 2008

Friday night stamping

I am in a birthday swap group and so tonight I sat down to make the February girls birthday card. I decided to use my cuttlebug and some chalks and see what I could come up with. I embossed my whisper white CS using the stylized flower embossing folder. I then used my dew drop chalks and some applicators to highlight the piece. I used some close to cocoa Patterned paper and a certainly celery card base. I added some primas and a brad in the middle. I finished off the card by stamping the sentiment in Close To Cocoa ink. I hope she likes it! I sure do!

I liked the way that it turned out so much that I chose to do another one. I used the textile embossing folder this time and rubbed the chalks on the piece. I mounted it to Lavender Lace CS, added some ribbon and a velvet prima with bling brad and attached it using dimensionals on a Certainly Celery base. I stamped the sentiment using Black ink. I so love the way that this one turned out. And I love this technique of using the cuttlebug and chalks together. You should try it sometime!

1 comment:

Patty S. said...

Your cards are just BEEEEEEE-U-TEEE-FUL! The colors are very soft. Thanks for sharing and inspiring!