Sunday, August 16, 2009

Moving cards part 2

Crock pot Sunday will be a little late this week. But trust me! It will be worth the wait. *big grin* (hint, my version of the recipe involves root beer to make carmelized onion pot roast. Plus, I made roast, so you know what that means! Hubby is making BBQ Beef Sandwiches so I will have that to share too. I made my roast tonight, he makes the BBQ Beef tomorrow. I wanted to post them together so that's why I'm not posting tonight)

Until then, I wanted to share my next card that I did for our upcoming move.
Remember the announcements that I did for my brother-in-law and his new wife before they got married? Well, I had a ton of cardstock left because I over ordered accidentally. Luckily Night of Navy is a color I like to use. So I figured it would be the perfect color to use for this next card. For this one I used Night of Navy as my card base. I added some Brocade Blue to it down the middle of the card base. Then I added my stamped image (I used Stampin' Write Markers, not ink) from Garden Silouhettes (can you tell that's my favorite set?) I printed up the words Home Sweet Home for my sentiment onto Whisper White and added that at the bottom. I added some paper peircing (may be hard to see in the photo) and some ribbon down the side. Really simple and easy. I like how they turned out. I did 10 of these as well.

I thought Home Sweet Home would be a nice sentiment to use for some of my cards because it fits oh so well. First of all, we are not only moving, but we are moving into our very first home that we will actually own. Up until now we have always lived in apartments or military housing. This will be the first home that we have ever bought. As if that wasn't exciting enough, we are moving, not only to our very own home, but to our very own home back home! Clear as mud? *wink* Well, let's put it this way. For the last 6 years hubby has been in the military so we moved away from home to live in other states. Hubby is about down with his Active Duty status (he has joined the Reserves) so this means we can move back home to Utah. So to Utah we are headed. We have more family there then when we lived there before. So we are extra excited. And I thought that Home Sweet Home fit in so many ways for these cards. *big HUGE grin*

I will post the Crock Pot Sunday in a couple of days. For now, I'm heading to bed. Tomorrow I am packing my cake stuff since I don't plan to make any cakes between now and when we move (less than 3 weeks now!!)

1 comment:

Pam said...

Adorable card - congrats on your new home! (Hope you plan to show us a few pics after your settled in!)