Friday, November 24, 2006

A little holiday cheer for the Engineers!


I am a co leader for the family support group in Jacob's company. All the leaders for all the companies in the battallion got together and planned our holiday party. We had to have it early since our soldiers are all leaving for training today and tomorrow and won't be back until right before Christmas. The party was this last Saturday and was a great success. This year we thought we would do ornaments for each of the families to have if they would like. My co-leader pointed out to everyone that I was a stamper and "really crafty" so I was asked to help with the ornament making. We made 200 of these Christmas Balls. I had never done them before (only knew how to do them from Splitcoast). They were super easy and a big hit! We got these clear Christmas balls from Hobby Lobby for cheap and then we stuffed tinsel in them. I cut circles with my coluzzle ahead of time. Then we just stamped the Engineer Castle (since we are an Engineer Battallion) and we wrote (with a red sharpie) 70 (for 70th Engineer's) and then the year 2006. Then I rolled each of the circles up and popped them into the balls. After that we put the topper back on and tied a red ribbon at the top and viola! Here is another picture of the ornament up closer.

Jacob is leaving tonight at 11:30 for training and so I plan to spend the day tomorrow stamping. Check back soon for updated work.

1 comment:

Jen said...

These are so sweet!!! What a wonderful momento of your time in Kansas!!