A Blog about my stamping, cake making, crafting, and my crazy life in general.
Wednesday, January 17, 2007
I created this card for the upcoming VSN on Splitcoaststampers.com This was a challenge for the hostesses. The challenge was to create a card using only stamps. No embellishments. It was alot harder then I thought it would be. I wanted to add a few brads or something. LOL Anyhow, I am pretty happy with how it turned out. The color scheme was partially inspired by this weeks color combo challenge on SCS. That challenge was to make a card using Pale Plum, Sage Shadow & Close To Cocoa. I didn't use Sage Shadow but I did use the other two. Anyhow, here is what I did to create this card.
1. I did the faux tearing tech. I tore a scrap piece of paper and I placed it on my pale plum CS. Then I sponged Pale Plum ink onto the CS. When you take away your scrap piece of paper it leaves the torn look where you sponged the ink.
2. Next I stamped my flower from the Sweet Shapes set from SU! in Pale Plum ink randomly on the CS.
3. Then I stamped the same flower with Whisper White craft ink over the flowers I had just stamped.
4. Then I to my Whisper White CS and stamped using Pale Plum ink the Blocks, asterisk and flower from the Sweet Shapes set.
5. Then I used my Close to Cocoa ink and stamped the word Hello.