Friday, June 22, 2007

Technique Fridays!

I know, last weeks technique went MIA all week. But in my defense, I am moving anytime in the next few weeks so my stamp room is packed up. :( At any rate, my wonderful guest hostess on ASB for last week was abhall76 (Amanda) (thank you Amanda!!)
Amanda chose Monochromatic cards for her technique. I don't have a sample yet but I will stamp one and post it. But monochromatic stamping is easy. Just pick shades of the same color and make a card using those colors. So say, in SU colors you could use Pretty in Pink, and Pink Passion. And those would be your only colors. So give that one a try if you would like and I promise, I will post a sample.

Until then, this weeks technique is COLLAGE STAMPING




Collage stamping is so easy. Here is what I did for my card. I used the French Script background stamp with Sahara Sand ink and stamped it onto Very Vanilla cardstock. Then I took Always Artichoke and stamped the square randomly onto the VV cardstock. Then I used my markers to color the grapes and stamped those onto the cardstock randomly and making sure to overlap some of the squares. And there you have it! Collage stamping is so easy and gives such a nice look to your card. I finished my card by attaching my VV piece to the Always Artichoke card base and then stamped the sentiment and layered and attached it.

I have made this card several times in the last year or so. I just love making it. It's so much fun.

No comments: