Friday, August 24, 2007

I do remember!

See... I do remember how to stamp and I haven't forgotten I have a blog! LOL Here are a couple of projects I have been working on:

This first one is for a birthday swap I am in. It's for the August birthday girl. I used blue printer paper because blue is her favorite color. I don't know the maker. My MIL got the papers for me for my birthday this last year. She got me a bunch of papers, and I do mean a bunch! Yay! Anyhow, I thought these papers would be perfect. I use modge podge to adhere my papers onto my tins and then I use sticky strip to adhere the ribbon the edges. I also used sticky strip to attach the letters and the flowers and brad. I also made her a matching card. I sent this out a little later then I would have liked because I have had a lot going on here, hence the belated saying on the card. Although I didn't forget about her, but this is the only belated saying I have. LOL I forgot to take a picture of the side of the tin, it has double sticthed ribbon around the ends (same ribbon as on the card) and it has a different paper on the sides. I hope she likes it! I filled it with a hodge podge of goodies.
I also have been stamping for a swap at my SU uplines house yesterday. I actually spaced having to do swaps (good thing it was only a 5 person swap) but I whiped these up in about 30 minutes yesterday morning. I used the Year After Year set from the current SU catty, I used Wild Wasabi for the card base with Always Artichoke, So Saffron, and Rose Red as additional colors and then of course Whisper white as my neutral. I also used the Print Pattern BG stamp and Holidays and wishes for the sentiment. the ink I used is Staz-On black (works better with watercoloring) and versamark. I used white grosgrain as an embellishment and the ticket corner punch just for fun. I watercolored the tree using watercolor wonder crayons and an aquapainter (all products for this card were SU)
The last one I have for you today is for the LSC (limited supply challenge) on SCS. The challenge was a multi part challenge. The first part was to use an old set that hasnt' seen ink in a while. I don't remember when I used the Friendship Grows set last so I dusted that one off for this challenge. The second part was to pick an old Sketch and use that. So I chose SC12 cause DD is 12. Next was to chose and old Color Combo challenge. Since DH and I have been married for 6 years now I chose CC06. (Rose Red and Chocolate Chip). The next part of the challenge was to use 1-2 embellishments that you have hoarded. I bought the vanilla grograin a while back and have never used it. I have just never had the right project to use it on, so I broke it out for this one. I colored the pot of flowers using the watercolor wonder crayons.
So there you have it, my latest projects. I just got back from physical therapy and my back and shoulder are killing me so I will be putting ice on it today. But if it is feeling better later I will stamp some more. I have another swap that I need to get done as well as the Sept. Birthday girls things that I want to whip together. Plus Monday's technique. So I will be a busy little bee and will have more fun stuff for you soon!

1 comment:

Dorinda said...

Sharon everything is wonderful! Very Pretty!