Monday, August 27, 2007

It's Monday!



Well folks, it's Monday again! And I know it's been a while, but I do have a technique for you! About 7 months ago I saw a card in PaperCrafts magazine done by Nichole Heady using the Twisted Kissing technique. I just had to try it! If you have been a reader for a while now of my blog, you may remember this card that I did using that technique. Well, I decided that it would be a fun technique to share with you this week.


So, here goes, for this technique you will need:


A bold, solid stamp (I used the solid petal from SU's Pick a Petal)

A dot style stamp (I used itty bitty backgrounds, also from SU)

Card stock

Ink

Embellishments (if you choose)

Sentiment stamp (if you choose)


So, here's what I did, first I cut my Whisper white CS in half to make an 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 piece of CS. Then I scored down the middle to get my finished card base of 5 1/2x 4 1/4. I inked up the center of the flower using Certainly Celery ink and stamp that onto my card. Then I inked up my solid petal stamp using Brocade Blue ink. Then I turned it rubber side up on the table. (Here's where the twisted part comes in) Then I took my dot stamp and touched it (kiss it) to the petal twisting it. (Do this randomly to give it a better pattern.) Then I stamped the petal onto the CS. I repeated the petal process several times. Then I stamped my sentiment in black at the top and there you have it! How easy is that! Twisted Kissing! Give it a try, you'll like it!

1 comment:

Dana said...

Totally cool! Now why didn't I think of this? *grin*

Thanks for the tutorial, I'm going to try this for sure!