Monday, March 31, 2008

Could it be? Could my mojo be coming back?

So I was heading to bed and decided to check out the color challenge on SCS before heading to bed. I was intrigued by the colors because they are colors that I would never think of putting together. I had to put something together before going to bed in hopes of finding my lost mojo. Here is what I came up with:

Colors used were: Cameo Coral, Creamy Caramel, Mellow Moss, Apricot Appeal

See what I mean by intriguing. I'm actually happy with the way this turned out. Maybe my mojo is on it's way back *wink* First I chose my stamp set. I went with the SU hostess set Sweet Dreams. I got it a couple of months ago and have only used it once so I decided it was time to break it in some more. I used Mellow Moss and Apricot Appeal markers to color the flowers and stamped those onto some white CS. Then I stamped the frame using Creamy Caramel (yes, the frame was an after thought, but it works, or at least I think it does). Then I cut it out using some decorative scissors I got from my mother-in-law for my birthday. (thanks mom! she got me a set of 18 different ones) I layered it on Cameo Coral CS and cut that out with the same scissors. I then stamped the flower in Apricot Appeal ink on coordinating CS and added that to my Moss card base. I used the Creamy Caramel ink for my sentiment layering that onto Cameo Coral as well and cutting with the same scissors. As I was putting the card together and looking for my Moss gingham ribbon, I ran across these cute layered flowers from Colorbok. The colors were prefect for my project so I added one. I think it gave the card that nice finishing touch.

Not my best work, but not bad either....

No comments: