Thursday, July 31, 2008

Day # 4

Welcome to day # 4 of the tour into my stamping weekend.
This first one has to be my favorite challenge. This was Jenn's challenge. She posted a picture of a cake that was to die for! It was black with a white filigree pattern on it. Several layers and the bottom layer had a large bright green fondant bow on it. I immediately thought of the swirly stamps I have from TAC (since those are the closest to filigree I have). I stamped the images randomly onto black CS using White Craft ink and then I sprinkled some white embossing powder onto the peice so it really made it pop and then I heat set it. I love the way it turned out. I added a bright green flower to the card to make it pop. This is for my stepmom's birthday which is in October.
Stamps: Flourishes (TAC), Hugs and Wishes
Paper: Green Galore, Gable green, Basic Black, Whisper White
Ink: White Craft, Black
Accessories: White EP, heat gun, brads, flowers This next one is for my Sister in law's birthday. It was done using Joan's Silhouette challenge. I went to one of my stand by favorites Garden Silhouettes (SU) and colored it using markers before I stamped. Lovely, just like my SIL.
Stamps: Garden Silhouette's, So Many Sayings
Paper: Groovy Guava, Blue Bayou, White
Ink: Cameo Coral and Not Quite Navy markers, Black ink
Accessories: ribbon
This one was a sketch challenge by Jen. I made it for my neices birthday.
Stamps: Hugs and Wishes, Paisley BG
Paper: Pink Passion, Whisper White, Black, Uptown Girl Paper from TAC
Ink: Pink Passion, Black,
Accessories: White ribbon, pink flower brad

This one was a challenge where we had to rip, tear, distress and make the card dirty! Thanks Laura for this fun challenge. This card is for one of my brother's. I did some tearing, distressing, sponging, and even some DTP. Stamped the sentiment directly onto the twill tape and added brads.
Stamps: Lovely As A Tree, It's Your Birthday
Paper: Kraft, Natural
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Creamy Caramel,
Accessories: Twill Tape, Brads, Spounge, colored pencils
This challenge was called clearly size matters. The challenge was to create a long card and to use something clear. So I used a transperency to create a shaker card. It's not quite as long as the specifications that we were given because I couldn't find the envelopes I would have needed to mail it to my brother for his birthday (yes, I have a lot of brothers, o.k. so only 4 but their birthdays are all within 3 months of eachother, in fact this brother is twins with the brother whose card I just showed you.) Anyhow I cut little strips of cardstock for the shaker card and DD said they looked like rocks at the bottom of a fish tank. Good thing cause that is what I was aiming for.
Stamps: Very Punny, It's Your Birthday
Paper: So Saffron, Brocade Blue, White
Ink: Black marker and ink
Accessories: Cuttlebug, swirls embossing folder, ribbon, transparency, mounting tape
This last card was probably one of the more difficult ones for me. The challenge given by Carole was to use Red, Yellow, and Blue (the primary colors) on your card. I am not a bright color person and Bold Brights is my least favorite color group to work with that SU has. But I do like the way this card for my brother in law's birthday worked out. I used a gold gel pen to trim the treasure chest and lock. Thought it would look more treasure like.
Stamps: Ahoy Matey, It's Your Birthday
Paper: Yo Yo Yellow, Brilliant Blue, Real red, White
Ink: Black
Accessories: Colored pencils, eyelets, gel pen

And that ends your 4th look at my weekend of stamping. Tomorrow I will have for you the final cards that I did.

No comments: