Saturday, August 02, 2008

Day # 5

Sorry about not posting yesterday everyone. We had the organizational day for DH's unit (for those not in the military, that is an all day picnic, games, sports etc.) By the time we got home at 6:30 we were all exhausted. We ate dinner and then I went upstairs and crashed until early this morning.
Anywho, so here it is, the final day for me to show you the rest of the cards that I did last weekend.
This first card is for Lindsey's challenge. The challenge was to use pink and black on a card and do faux stitching. Pink and black on a card? Hello! I had to use my Uptown girl paper from TAC. I went into the TAC cattie and found a layout that I liked, tweaked it just slightly and this is the end result.
Stamps: It's Your Birthday
Paper: Uptown Girl Paper (TAC), Black, White, Pink Passion
Ink: Black
Accessories: Flowers, brad, marker for faux stitching, ribbon

This next card is for Kittie's Scene challenge. Kittie is the queen of scene cards, and Kittie I am not. Although I am told that I didn't do half bad. This is for my nephew's birthday in November (I'm way ahead of the game, I know! Yay me!)
Stamps: Froggy Friends (artful Inkables)
Paper: Brilliant Blue, So Saffron, white
Ink: black
Accessories: markers, aquapainter, eyelets
I used Natasha's sketch for my nephew's birthday card. I absolutely love this sketch and how this card turned out. I think I am going to add some wiggley eyes before sending this though. I have no clue what the name of the DP is. It is from an old SU simply scrapping kit. Possibly party pieces or something like that. Apparently I was having a good time stamping frogs. hehe

Stamps: Unfrogettable,
Paper: Certainly Celery, Tempting Turqouise,
Ink: black
Accessories: crafters tool kit, orange ribbon, colored pencils
For my Aunt Beth's birthday I used Rose Ann's flap card challenge. It's been a long time since I have done a flip card so this was fun.
Stamps: Hugs and Wishes
Paper: Groovy Guava CS and DP
Ink: Black
Accessories: ribbon, brad, flowers, ribbon slider, paper piercer


And so ends your tour into my weekend of stamping. Hey, just in time for this weekend! haha! I did stamp a card the other day that I want to share with you but that will wait for another day. For now, I spent way too much time up yesterday so I think I am going to spend part of the day in bed today.
Oh, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!!



No comments: