Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Moving cards and BKCC#1

For the last several days I have been working on the 33 We've moved cards that I will be sending out when we get to White Sands in just 6 weeks. Today, I finished them! Yay! I did change the 1 design a little and I decided to do some of the cards in a different design. So here they are:

This first one you have seen, well sort of. I decided to change it just slightly. In the original card I did zigzag stitching on part of the main image. Frankly, I forgot to do that while I was putting these together. HAHA! So, with a slight change we have the new card:




Stamps: Loads of Love & Accessories Paper: Groovy Guava, Sahara Sand, Whisper White, Guava DP Ink: Black Staz-On Accessories: Ribbon, Crafter's Tool Kit, Thread, Machine, Brads, Markers, Aquapainter

The other design that I did came out really well. I actually got the idea from some moving cards that my friend Jenn did and showed on her blog. I liked how she used the circle and scallop punches for her focal image. So I went with that. The layout for this one was inspired by one I saw in the new SU catty (with a few tweaks to suit my needs). You can't tell very well in the picture but the scallop was peirced as was the Sahara Sand piece. I also popped up the scallop by using dimensionals. I'm really please with this.



Stamps: Loads of Love & Accessories Paper: Groovy Guava, Sahara Sand, Whisper White, Guava DP Ink: Black Staz-On Accessories: Ribbon, Crafter's Tool Kit, Thread, Machine, Brads, Markers, Scallop Punch, Circle Punch


After I finished with the moving cards I decided to try out a challenge that I saw a few days ago on Belinda's blog. My friend Belinda has decided to start some color challenges on her blog. Her first one was Elegant Eggplant, Kiwi Kiss and Sahara Sand. She got the colors from this:


Soo pretty right?! So she said that if we didn't have Kiwi Kiss yet (which I don't... yet) we could use Old Olive or Gable Green. Well my Gable Green cardstock is limited at best (it's that whole, not liking bold brights thing), so I opted for Old Olive. When Belinda lived here at Ft. Riley she was my SU enabler, errr... demo. I would have a preconceived notion about a particular stamp, or accessory or color and Belinda would completely change that. Case in point, I can not stand paisleys. I'm sorry but to me, they look like large ameba's. Sad, but true. Look at a paisley print sometime and tell me you don't see ameba's. But I digress, Well, one day for stamp club Belinda did a card using SU's Paisley Background stamp. And you know what? I loved that card! I know, I was shocked too. I bought the stamp. I know, even more shock. And, I have actually used it since. I know, you don't have to say it, shock! I thought, what better tribute to my friend Belinda's first color challenge then to use the Ameba... ahem! Paisley background stamp. So here we go, my card, a tribute, to my wonderful friend BK (a.k.a. Belinda King) Stamps: Paisley BG, Wonderful Favorites Cardstock: Sahara Sand, Old Olive Ink: Elegant Eggplant, Staz-On Black Accessories: Primas, brad

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love all the cards Sharon! The are awesome! The colors of the moving cards are great!!
Oh, and Awwww..Glad I could give ya a bit of inspiration for a card! :)
I miss you!!

Belinda said...

It's gorgeous, Sharon! *grin* You used paisley! *shock*

I love your moving cards, too... And can't wait until you move! You'll be closer to meeee! *big grin*