Sunday, August 17, 2008

The latest

Just a quick update. We have been busy this week so not much stamping going on. My daughter went back to her dad's yesterday to start school next week. I can't wait till we get to move back home and we don't have to say goodbye to her at the airport anymore. Only 1 year left. YAY!

Anyhow, we have been busy getting ready for our move to NM that is coming up in only 6 weeks. I can't beleive it is coming up so fast!

On the good news front, I found the long lost peddle to my sewing machine! YAY!! So I started working on the Moving cards that I posted a few posts back. I decided to do the one with the stitching since it will be easier having the sewing machine to stitch 20+ cards. It doesn't look as nice and uniformed as it does when it is hand stitched, but I'm coming to terms with that. LOL


I did want to share this card with you that I did a month or so ago. It was for a friend of mine who moved. I was looking through my card pictures and realized I haven't shared this one. So I hope you enjoy it. :)

Stamps: Garden Silhouettes, Fresh Cut(for the envelope), Wonderful Favorites Cardstock: Spring Flowers DP, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla Ink: Staz On Black, Stampin Up Markers: Old Olive, Pretty In Pink, Chocolate Chip Accessories: Chocolate tafetta ribbon, crafter's tool kit

Tomorrow I have a friend who has asked me to do a cake for her baby's 1st birthday. I am so excited! I love this little girl and I am honored to have been asked to do her cake. Yes, it will be the one she will destroy. *grin* So I will have pictures for you of that cake soon. I also got a call from my cake decorating teacher the other day. She asked if I would be interested in taking her final class which is all about making flowers out of foundant and gum paste. Heck YAH! The class will run in Sept. so I am cutting it close with when we will be moving (considering the last day is the week we are loading up the truck), but I have been waiting for her to offer this class and as my hubby said when I asked him about it, I will probably need a break from all the stress of moving and the cake class will be perfect! *grin*

No comments: