Thursday, December 18, 2008

Been awhile since I posted a cake

So it has been a while since I have posted a cake that I have done. It has actually been a while since I have done a cake at all. O.k. not totally true. I made a couple of cakes for a Christmas party at church a couple of weeks ago, but I didn't take pictures of them.

But tonight is the Christmas party for my husbands company. A bunch of drunken soldiers. What a fabulous time it will be! *rolling my eyes*

Anyhow, I signed up to bring a cake and when the 1SG (First Sergeant) found out I was bringing one and that my husband had signed up to bring something as well he said that no matter what, I had to bring the cake. *blush* He has apparently heard about my cakes and he is anxious to try it.


A couple of weeks ago I bought some disposable cake pans and one of them had a picture of this cute snowman cake. So I used that as my inspiration. The "snow" is covered with edible cake glitter sprinkles. Because of the sunken cake pan I couldn't use my letter press set for the writting so this was done freehand.

Merry Christmas everyone!

2 comments:

Karen said...

Very nice cake! Looks really cute! I hope those guys appreciate the hard work you put into it.

Anonymous said...

Very cool!!!!

We didn't have a ward Christmas party this year...um, that I knew of.