Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!

It has been a great Christmas. As my husband pointed out this morning at 10 a.m. when our daughter was still sleeping, this was the first Christmas in years where we were all together just the 3 of us. In fact, the last time was the 2nd year we were married. (We have been married for over 7 years now). Someone has always been gone on Christmas, whether it was my husband with a deployment, or my daughter being at her dad's (we share her on the holiday's normally). So it was great having all 3 of us here. Yesterday we had our Christmas dinner and then were getting ready to play a game. The neighbors came over so we had to postpone the game temporarily. While Jacob and I were talking to them Tammy decided that she was bored so she turned on Jeff Dunham's Christmas special (we DVR'ed it a few weeks ago). I walked in and this is what I saw, I just had to chuckle. In the background, our pretty tree, filled with family ornaments to include several nativity ornaments. In the foreground, Achmed. Nothing says Merry Christmas like Achmed The Dead Terrorist:

After we finished laughing our butts off we settled down to play a game. Clue Mysteries


The dog decided he needed to join us (he cracks me up!)




We also enjoyed the glow of our tree
I took this picture just for fun. It took forever for my daughter to decide to wake up, in fact we ended up waking her up at 10:15. (She fell asleep with her santa hat on for some reason, she's a teenager, I don't pretend to understand her)


Before we woke her up we made our Christmas breakfast of Cinnamon rolls. (we like things to be relaxed and easy on Christmas so it's Cinnamon rolls for Breakfast and leftovers throughout the day)

After everyone was awake and fed we opened presents.

Of course we started out with stockings. Speaking of which, Tammy loved her new one:



She kept rubbing it and commenting on how long it must have taken. I told her she was worth it. We decided to get the family a Wii this year and we each got a few other things as well. The only one that didn't know about the Wii is Tammy, so to start out the excitement we wrapped one of the controllers and put it in her stocking.







We spent the rest of the day playing games and napping. We also got to talk to some our loved ones on the phone. It really was a good day. I hope everyone else had a fabulous day.

For now, it is bedtime so A Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!

3 comments:

Andrea said...

It looks like you guys had fun. We are still buried in snow.....aren't you jealous! Merry Christmas!

Kim said...

Sounds like you had a nice Christmas. It was fun to see pictures of Tammy. She looks so much like you!

Anonymous said...

I love seeing that picture of Achmed!! He cracks me up!!

Merry Christmas.....Infidels!!!