Thursday, December 04, 2008

One Layer Christmas Cards

On SCS there is a thread about Easily Mass Produced, Flat, Wow Factor Christmas cards. I was reading it and came across this link posted by AmyR. Her cards are GORGEOUS! Just screaming to be CASE'd. Who am I to ignore the call so here is my version.


Even though I have the Snowflakes set (it is one of my all time favs. and always will be), I wanted to use Snow Swirled. I started off by stamping the larger of the snowflakes in Elegant Eggplant (stamped off on Scratch paper once) onto my Whisper White CS. Then I stamped the snowflake just smaller in Elegant Eggplant as well. (This time not stamped off.) Next I stamped the sentiment in the lower right hand corner using Versamark and poored my Silver Embossing Powder and heat set that. For the inside I stamped the sentiment using Elegant Eggplant, next stamped the snowflake (stamped off twice) and then the smaller snowflakes (stamped off once). I love how these turned out. Thank you Amy for the inspiration!


I had so much fun creating those that I couldn't stop stamping. So I looked at my sets and my eyes fell on Riley. Riley needed to be used on a card. I stamped Carrying Tree Riley (from Hanna Stamps) onto the Whisper White CS using black ink. Then I colored him with my Copic Markers. Stamped the sentiment on the bottom (sentiment from SU hostess set Best Yet) I'm not sure how mass produceable these are unless you really like coloring, but I made 5 in about an hour, with a phone call and a visitor at the door in that hour. So not too bad. I'm still getting the hang of my copics, but I think I'm getting there. I did have to put a peice of cardstock on the back of the fronts because of the seep through that you get with Copics. I haven't gotten any of the Gina K paper yet, but I will. Then I won't have the seep through issue. Until then, cardstock on the back works.


All of these cards are so much better in person. Sorry for the bad pictures. We really need a new camera.....

1 comment:

Shelly said...

such talent, I love your cards. make me some so I can look like I am talented. :) Love ya!