Thursday, October 08, 2009

WCMD challenge 2

I know, I know, I'm falling down on the job! Sorry! I'm fighting off a cold, and I'm afraid the cold is winning. *sigh*

Anyhow, here is another card I did for WCMD. This one was for the Crafty Secrets Challenge. Again, I don't own any of their products yet. We've been saving for the move and for our adoption, so I haven't actually bought anything in a year, well, until I made over my craft area that is. That about covers my spending for the next year. LOL

Anyhow, back to the card. This challenge was to make a poppin' card. We had to pop the card with dimension somehow. I chose to do this in 2 ways.

First I stamped my solid butterfly in Yo Yo Yellow, then I stamped the same solid butterfly in Yo Yo Yellow again on another peice of cardstock. I then stamped the flowered butterfly overlay in Real Red on top of the second peice of Yo Yo Yellow. Then I cut around this two layered butterfly and then bent the edges. After that I attached it to the first butterfly, this was to give the butterfly's wings some dimension. Then I stamped the saying and mounted the peice on real red cardstock. I added more dimension but raising this whole peice using dimensionals and mounting it on my Taken With Teal Card base. I decided to add a peice of ribbon and luckily was able to slide it under the already mounted raised peice and attach it from there. I know, it's simple, but that's what I prefer. :D

No comments: