Saturday, October 10, 2009

WCMD challenge 3

It's 2a.m. and I'm still awake. Why? Because hubby is switching his schedule at work and he is trying to get used to needing to be up at night for work. So I figured I stay up for a little bit with him. Aren't I sweet? ;-)

I figure since I am up, (and he is in his office feeding his fish and probably updating Facebook), I figured I would post another card from World Card Making Day.

This one was for the Stamping Bella challenge. Now I do happen to own a few bellas (as the stamps are called), and I love them! Bella's are so cute and are a must for any stamper. Just sayin'. Anyhow, this challenge was to do a card showing what you and your friends like to do, the twist to that was we had to make the card with an 80's theme.

Now when I think 80's, I think tie dye. My husband was confused by this when I told him that. To him, tie dye is 60's. He's right, but see, I remember growing up making tie dye shirts at summer day camps, and friends birthday parties. So to me, 80's is tie dye. So, for this card I did an 80's tie dye, bella card. My friends and I love to just hang out, goof around, and chat. So here's my card:


The tie dye was done with the shaving cream technique. I used 4 different colored reinkers for the background. (Real red, yo yo yellow, tempting turqouise, and green galore). I love how the background turned out, totally remeniscent of the tie dye t-shirts I used to make with my friends when I was younger. :D I mounted the bg onto a real red card base then I colored the bella (PMSabella) with copics and mounted her onto Taken With Teal (I'm trying to make myself like this color, can you tell?). I added some ribbon and mounted this onto the card. After putting the card together I decided it needed something so I punched 2 flowers out of some extra tie dyed cardstock and put them together with a brad to finish it off. Seriously love this card. Call me crazy, but I do. :D

I do have a couple more from WCMD that I still need to post, including a christmas ornament, but I can't keep my eyes open so those will have to wait. The pillow is calling my name. :D

1 comment:

Pam said...

Perfect choice for a background - love that tie dye feel! (And I remember tie dying in the 80's!)