Tuesday, October 20, 2009

WCMD challenge 5

This is the only other challenge I was able to do for world card making day. And it wasn't even a card challenge. This challenge was hosted by Magnolia-licous. They have such cute stamps, I don't own any, but I'll soon be adding some of these to my collection.

In this challenge we had to make a Holiday Ornament. I didn't want to do the traditional glass ball that I do when I do Christmas Ornaments. Instead I started going through my chipboard to find a good base. I found a large circle and decided to go with that. The paper I chose was Vintage Holiday from TAC. I placed my cicle on the paper and traced around it and then cut along the lines. Then I used some creamy caramel ink to give it an aged look. I attached the paper using some modge podge then added some ribbon. My image is from SU and is the set A Very Merry Christmas (retired). I colored it using colored pencils, punched it out using my circle punch and mounted it onto real read with I punched out with the scallop circle punch. Using my white Signo gel pen I placed a dot on each scallop to give it some dimension. I mounted the focal image using dimensionals so that it sits off the ornament just slightly. I used my crop-a-dile to punch the hole through the ornament (since it is thicker because of the chipboard, I knew the crop-a-dile would work beautifully) and then threaded some of the same ribbon I used on the ornament for the top to hang the ornament from a tree. It's not quite what I set out to do, but I was happy with it. :D

1 comment:

Pam said...

really cute - great use of the chipboard! It will look great on the tree!