Monday, July 23, 2007

Technique time!

This is the card that I kept bumping from my weekly techniques. I do have another card froma different technique ready but not alot of time so I figured this one was easy and quick to explain so here we go!



This week's technique is Watercolor Spritzing.



For this you will need: Watercolor Paper, Stamps, Ink, Waterbottle (spritzing kind) (all products except waterbottle are Stampin Up!)



So for this oh so pretty (if I do say so myself) 3x3 card, I started out with my watercolor paper. First I took the cherry blossom looking stamp from Garden Sillouhettes and stamped it onto the WC Paper using Rose Red Classic Ink. Then I took my waterbottle and holding the paper at an angle I spritzed the paper. (I found the best results with holding the bottle at about 8 or so inches from the paper). The ink ran just slightly giving me the misty look I wanted. Then I layered my WC Paper onto the Rose Red CS and added some Black Gingham ribbon. Then I added it all to my Basic Black 3x3 base. I stamped the word lovely in the lower right hand corner using White Craft ink.

Tah Dah! I wish you could see in person how stinkin cute this card is. *sigh* Well, back to unpacking. Bah, who am I kidding, I'm gonna go read the new Harry Potter book again. It's awesome!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Very nicely done. This is one technique that hates me. LOL