Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day Cards

I know Mother's Day was yesterday, so sorry that I am posting these a day late.
Last week hubby said that he was going to run to the store and get his mom a Mother' Day card. *shock* That is something that should never ever be said to a stamper. Seeing the shock on my face (and because I semi-jokingly told him that I was offended he would buy a card for his mom) he asked me if I could make one. I told him yes, but the same rules as always apply. He had to pick out the stamps and colors. To which he replied that would be why he didn't ask me to make the card, he doesn't like picking the stamps and colors. I told him, that if I am going to make the card, he needs to have some part in it to, which is why I have him pick the stamps and colors. So he chose A Rose Is A Rose and then proceeded to stand there looking at my ink colors saying that he couldn't figure out what colors would go well (since the roses are two toned he would have to pick two colors). I asked him what color he wanted the roses and to let me worry about what would look good together. Relieved that he didn't have to figure that out he said either Yellow, Pink, or Peach roses.
So using that as my jumping off point, I chose Cameo Coral & Pumpkin Pie for the roses so they are a peachy orange color, So Saffron and More Mustard for the tiny flowers so they are yellow and Mellow Moss and Old Olive for the leaves. All were stamped randomly on a Whisper White card base. I printed the sentiment on my computer onto Whisper White Cardstock and mounted it on Basic Black off-centering it onto the card. I attached 3 black brads in the bottom right corner of the card and added a black stitched ribbon with an off centered bow to balance things out.

All Supplies are SU except printed sentiment which was done on my computer and the ribbon which I got at Hobby Lobby.


This next card is for my mom. I had to do a lot of tweaking on this one. I didn't like the way it was coming together, but some last minute additions made it turn out well (in my opinion, I just hope my mom likes it)

For this one I chose the Designer Series Paper from SU's SAB catalog. This is double sided paper, so I cut it to fit the card base (which is Whisper White) and then I scored it so that I could fold over the green side of the paper and be able to show both patterns. I punched a flower out using my 5 petal punch from the blue part. I then used my scallop edge punch to scallop the green part. I used my small hand held punch (don't remember the size) to punch tiny holes in each scallop, then I used my white Signo Gel Pen to make the holes stand out. I added a strip of the blue to the green to make it all blend better, printed the sentiment again on WW cardstock, mounted it on Certainly Celery, and added 3 blue eyelets. I decided I didn't like the white that was showing through from the blue peice, so I took a scrap peice and punched more flowers, Added some crystal stickles for some sparkle to where the white was showing through. Once the stickles was dry I attached two punched flowers using a brad, turning them so you could see the stickles and both flowers. I then used White Gel Pen to make the petals all stand out.

Cardstock, Paper, Gel Pen, Punches, Brad and Eyelets are SU. Stickles are TAC, Sentiment printed on my computer.

1 comment:

Pam said...

Beautiful cards! You did a great job! (My son and hubby paw thru my box of completed cards for the one to give to me -- last year they picked a card, then went back through the stack to pick an envelope they liked. I had to tell them they weren't allowed to do that - 'you have to pick the envelope that's stamped to match that card!' sheesh - men! :-)

Happy Mother's day!