Thursday, May 07, 2009

What's Cookin'

I have been spending the last couple of week resting up from our trip to Utah, and trying to catch up on things. Now that I am finally caught up on everything else that got left to the side while we were gone (like things do while you're on vacation) I have been working on catching up on Splitcoast challenges. More specifically the photo challenges. A few weeks ago the challenge was to take a photo of food.



My hubby does a good chunk of the cooking at our house (I know, you're jealous). But a few times a week I get a chance to cook (I love to cook, I normally just let him do it because he likes to so much). The other day Jacob asked me to make roast for dinner. Let me interject for a moment. There are certain things that he cooks and certain things that I cook. Roast and most crock pot meals are my domain. I knew that the reason he was asking me to is because he wanted to make BBQ beef sandwiches for dinner. So, I made roast and potatoes and veggies (normally I do carrots but we were all out so I did green beans and corn instead). Whenever I make roast hubby will take the left over roast and make shredded BBQ Beef sandwiches the next night for dinner. So that's what we had tonight. I forgot to take a picture of that, but I did get a picture of last nights dinner or roast, potatoes, and veggies. We take some of the broth and juices of the roast to make the gravy. So, without further ado, here's what's cookin:



I'm going to work on the other challenges I've missed. I have also been doing some stamping. I have made mother's day cards, but seeing as how both my mom and hubby's mom read my blog regularly, I won't post those till Sunday.

1 comment:

Pam said...

Alright you solved what I'm serving for dinner tonight! Roast it is -- that looks SO YUMMY!