Saturday, October 18, 2008

Several things

So I just noticed that I have passed 12,000 hits to my blog. Crazy! I am going to work the next couple of days on some blog candy and will post that as soon as I am done (probably Monday or Tuesday) and do a contest for it.


I spent the day today stamping with my friend Jody. Jody, a.k.a. texasjodylynn, a.k.a. Confessions Of A Ribbon Addict and I have been chatting for a couple of years now on Splitcoast but we have never met. Until recently she lived in TX, and I lived in KS. I was excited when I found out we were moving to NM cause we would be close to Jody, then I found out Jody didn't live in TX anymore, then I found out she lives 45 minutes from where we just moved to! Even more excited! YAY!! I have been here for about a month now but today is the first time Jody and I have had the chance to get together. She is just the sweetest person! And I for one had a fabulous time. I got to play with some fun new products that I have never used before. I got to play with Papertrey Ink's white cardstock. This stuff rocks! I have to get some. Seriously, I had heard so many good things about it, but never really wanted to get any, until... I used it. It is a must have for any stamper IMO. I also got to play with some stamps from My Favorite Things. I have never used MTF stamps, but now those are a must have too. I made a card with the set A Scarf For Three. Seriously, such a cute set! And it's only $9.00! I will take a picture of the card tomorrow, it was too late when I got home to take a decent picture. One of the other things I got to play with was Copic Markers. Now, I have seen a lot of cards done with Copics, sure, they were pretty, but I couldn't understand the draw to them. I was fine with my SU markers and Aquapainter (which I still love btw). But Jody showed me the art of coloring with Copics. Yeah, I now understand the draw, and I seriously want some now. I love my SU markers and aquapainter for watercoloring, but I think for just straight coloring and blending (the non-watercolor look) I will definately be getting and using Copics. Stamping with Jody is going to be dangerous for the pocket book, I can just tell. But, I love it!



I do have a card to show you today though. For this one I used the Polished Stone technique. I haven't done this technique in a long time. I based this card on one I did a few years ago with the same color scheme, same theme, and same technique, not to mention the same set. That card can be viewed here.

Yeah, 2005 was when I did the inspiration card. I decided to change it up a little, and I have to say I like my new one, much better. I made the focal image and the put the brads in, and attached it to the card. It looked to plain to me so I decided to attach a peice of cardstock under it. The peice I cut was too big so I cut it down just a little. I ended up using the scrap I had just cut off on it as well. This is going to someone who just recently lost their husband. I hope it brings her comfort. I stamped the inside with the sentiment, "May the beautiful memories that fill your heart help to bring your comfort." from the SU set Brighter Tomorrow.

Supplies: Stamps-Lovely As A Tree, Brighter Tomorrow; Cardstock & Paper- Mellow Moss, Basic Black, Glossy; Ink: Staz-On, Accessories- Mellow Moss reinker, Silver Reinker, Brads, Rubbing Alcohol, cotton ball, dimensionals,

1 comment:

Jody Morrow said...

I had a wonderful time! Thanks for visiting! :)