Thursday, October 16, 2008

Ways To Use It---Plaid

Thursday's on Splitcoast Stampers is the Ways To Use It Challenge. Today's challenge was to use Plaid. My mind immediately went to the frame that I made for my nephew the other day. So I decided to make a matching card.


I decided to make the main card base the green color. The closest I could find was Certainly Celery which actually turned out to be an almost perfect match to the green stripe in the plaid (not to mention the green that I mixed the other day to pain the frame). This just goes to show you that either A- the paint companies need to come out with Stampin Up colors in their paints, or B- Stampin Up needs to come out with paint colors. haha!


Anyhow, I wanted to round all my corners so that it would mimick the rounded corners on the frame. The plaid paper was matted on the CC card base. Then I took some shimmer white CS and I stamped the elephant (this time with the wood thingy) onto it using Black Staz-On. First I colored it using just my markers but it came out way too dark, so I flipped the cardstock over (best thing about CS is that it has two sides, so if you mess up, just flip it over and start over. hehe) and I watercolored a newly stamped elephant using my Stampin Write markers and my aquapainter. Then I highlighted parts of it using just my marker. Colored the rest with markers, punched those corners too, matted it to certainly celery, punched those corners and then paper pierced it using my crafters tool kit. Then I decided to use a strip of certainly celery and punched both sides of that to add a little something else to the card. I then stamped the sentiment (from SU set Hugs & Wishes, or maybe it was Holidays & wishes, I always get those two mixed up) using staz-on black, I attached the elephant to the card using dimensionals. So quick and simple, but I like it.
And here is the card and frame together:

1 comment:

L. Taggart said...

looking forward to seeing you!!! Do you have our number? Love ya!