Saturday, November 15, 2008

A couple of challenges... card challenges that is!



I did a couple more the of the challenges on SCS this week. I did the WT challenge on Thursday where the item we were challenged to use was watercolor paper. Seriously, this is no challenge for me as I love to watercolor. (as if you couldn't tell right?) So for this one I decided to make a Thanksgiving card. Actually it started out with me turning around to look at my stamp sets, seeing the Voila set, realizing I hadn't used that one in ages and deciding to go with that. So I pulled out Voila, and Voila to Go. I saw that Voila to Go has a Turkey that you can put on the chef's tray from Voila. Hence, Thanksgiving card.

So for this card I watercolored the image using watercolor pencils and my aquapainter. Then I mounted it onto Black CS. I decided to machine zigzag sew around it cause I didn't want to hand sew it. I messed up on one side so I just cut that side off and mounted the peice on the edge of the card. But not until I sewed the card base. I used a flower just cause it needed something. And there you have it!

Supplies: Stamps- Voila, Voila To Go, Holidays and Wishes; Cardstock; Really Rust, More Mustard, Basic Black, Watercolor Paper; Ink- Staz-On Black; Accessories- Watercolor Pencils, Aquapainter, Sewing Machine, Black Thread, Flower, Brad


I also decided to try my hand at the LSC challenge for Friday. The Limits we were given on this challenge was that we couldn't use and rubber stamps. We had to use Acrylic. Well, I just received some fabulous orders of Acrylic stamps this week of course, so this one was easy for me. I decided to go with the Who's That E-Girl set from MFT. I also received my Copic Marker order yesterday so I used those as well. This was my first time using Copics by myself. My only other time was at Jody's house with her teaching me what to do, which it's been a while since then. I still have some learning to do, but it's not bad. I love to paper peice this particular stamp. This time I paper peiced the skirt. The paper I chose for the skirt was the gorgeous Porcelian Prints from SU. The colors just happen to be Blue and Green. In fact, Not Quite Navy and Certainly Celery which just happen to be two of the colors for the Color Challenge on Splitcoast that I did a card for earlier in the week. So this card happened to fit in that challenge too. I realized this halfway through. Although I did color the laptop red so I added a red flower behind the image (a trick I learned from Jody) just for pops of color. So it isn't completely within the color challenge, but close enough. I made this card with a particular friend in mind. I hope she likes it.


Supplies: Stamps- Who's That E-Girl (MFT); Cardstock- Certainly Celery, Not Quite Navy, Basic Gray, White; Ink- Momento Cocoa Ink; Accessories- Copic Markers, Flower, Brad

1 comment:

Jody Morrow said...

Both cards are awesome. Your coloring is GREAT on both! WTG!