Saturday, April 21, 2007

Technique Friday (A Day Late)

I know, I know, I'm a slacker! Friday was yesterday and I didn't post the challenge on my blog. In my defense I had a couple of meetings and accidentally fell asleep in between the two meetings. (oops!) So anyway, this week's technique is Embossing, Heat Embossing that is. I remember when I first heat embossed on a card. And I still, to this day, 4 years later find heat embossing cool! Don't you?! Watching this powdery substance become a bumpy shape. It's cool! O.k., I know, I have issues, either that or I'm in a very weird mood this morning. Of course based on my blog entry on The RI Blog, I would say it's probably a good chance that I have issues, and I'm in a weird mood. LOL So, anyhow, Here is my card:It's pretty huh?! I made a card last weekend using the petals wheel from the SU spring mini and I didn't have the color cartridge I needed. My friend Belinda told me to just use the ink pad. Duh! Why didn't I think of that? So I wheeled the petals wheel on my ink pad and used that to make my card. So this morning when I sat down to make the technique sample for this week I decided to try embossing using a wheel. Well, I don't have a cartridge with embossing style ink so I improvised and used my versamark pad. First I pulled out my Adoring Hearts Jumbo Wheel and I snapped it into my Jumbo wheel Handle. Then I rolled it onto my Versamark pad then at a diagonal onto my Whisper White CS. I repeated this until I got the hearts and dots just where I wanted them. Then I sprinkled Sterling Silver Embossing powder onto the CS piece. Then I embossed using my heat gun. (It's a handy little tool! I love it!) After I was done with that I layered it onto Brushed Silver CS and added some white organdy ribbon and some silver cording. Then I layered that onto my Whisper White CS. Then I took the stamp Peace~Joy~Love from All Year Cheer 1 and inked up just the part that said Love and the ~ over it using Versamark. Using Sterling Silver EP I embossed that too and then matted that with more Brushed Silver CS. And there you have it! Heat Embossing!


**** I have a totally rockin' technique planned for next week with a PRIZE! All to celebrate my 10th week doing the Technique Challenges on Fridays! Stayed tuned for that!

3 comments:

Alli said...

Awwww.....Sharon, this is just so elegant, great sketch too. Your work has been wonderful lately and I always look forward to seeing your new work! :)

Jen said...

Beautiful and so elegant! I really love this Sharon!!!

Anne said...

I have issues too, so you're not alone. :) Heat embossing is a really simple technique with a lot of WOW factor.