Friday, April 13, 2007

Technique Fridays!

I have been a busy little bee today and forgot that I never uploaded my challenge for today to my blog. Oops!
So earlier this week I was stamping a card at the request of my DH for him to send to DD for her birthday while he is away. On that card I used masking. So I thought hmmm.... Perfect technique for this week! So, this weeks technique challenge is:

Masking!

Masking is sooo easy.

Supplies:
Post-It Note, Scissors, Stamps, Cardstock, Ink

Stamp the image you would like to have in the foreground (very front) of the scene on your cardstock. Stamp the same image on a Post-It Note, making sure that part of the image is on the sticky part of the paper. Carefully cut the images on the Post-It Note out with your scissors. Cut right on the line or even slightly inside of it. Layer your Post-It Note images over those on your cardstock. Stamp your second image over your mask. This image will appear to be in the background. Finish your card! And that's masking! Simple as that.
Here is my sample:I used the SCS color challenge for this too. Sage Shadow, Real Red, Basic Black. The sets I used are Remembering You (Simply Sent kit from SU Spring Mini), and the sentiment is from Brighter Tomorrow. The flowered panel is on pop dots. Give Masking a try! You'll like it!

**Side note--- I am almost at 10 Techniques! This is week 8! I have some goodies up my sleeve for week 10 so stay tuned!

No comments: