This weeks technique is Shaving Cream! I made a card for my niece's birthday and so that is why I used these colors. Anyhow, without further ado, here is the shaving cream technique:
Here is what you will need:
Reinkers (up to 3 colors, if you use anymore it will start to look muddy)
Stirring Stick (I use a chopstik)
Shallow Tray (I use an empty stamp set box)
1. Spray your shaving cream into your shallow tray and spread it out
2. Drop 2-3 drops of each reinker color randomly into your shaving cream.
3. With your stirring stick stir your reinkers around in a swirling motion.
4. Once you get your desired pattern take your piece of Cardstock and press it into the shaving cream.
5. Place a paper towel on your stamping surface and then take your cardstock out of the shaving cream and lay it down on the paper towel.
6. Place a second piece of cardstock on top of the one you just pulled out of the shaving cream and squish them together. (this will allow you to do two pieces at a time.)
7. Take another paper towel and in a swirling motion wipe off the excess shaving cream.
You should now have a lovely piece of cardstock. Use it on your card as a background piece or stamp directly on it after it drys.
Finish your card as desired!
I used the Alexa set from Missy B Designs. My sentiment is from the SU set It's Your Birthday!
7 months ago