Saturday, February 21, 2009

It's VSN Time!

If you are new to my blog and don't know what VSN stands for it, VSN is Virtual Stamping Night. It's an event over at Splitcoast Stampers that is done every quarter or so. There are all sorts of challenges based on a theme for that quarters VSN (this quarter was, "What's Love Got To Do With It" so all the challenges had something to do with love.) You have 45 minutes to complete your card for each challenge. It may sound like a long time, but it really isn't. Some of my cards took me right up to the time limit, some were done quicker. Anyhow, the event was last night and continues today. I did some of last night challenges, I hope to be able to do some of today's as well but we'll see. Over the next few days though I will be sharing with you the cards that I created.


This first one was for a challenge entitled For The Love Of Chocolate. Seriously, who doesn't love chocolate! I know I do! So basically the hostess came up with 3 color combos based on different types of chocolate and we had to choose our favorite kind of chocolate and do a card done in that combo. I like all chocolate but lately I have been gravitating toward Dark Chocolate. I never thought I would say that, I used to hate dark chocolate, but now I love it!


The color combo for dark chocolate was Chocolate Chip, Cameo Coral, and Apricot Appeal. Here is my card, I created it for my sister-in-law whose birthday is in April-

Supplies-
Stamps: Garden Silhouettes, On Your Birthday
Paper: Whipser White, Cameo Coral, Apricot Appeal, Chocolate Chip
Ink: Stampin' Write Markers, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Crafter's Tool Kit, Needle Thread, Chocolate Chip Taffeta Ribbon

1 comment:

Pam said...

I've never participated in that, but it sure sounds fun!
Cute card!