Friday, February 27, 2009

Two Hearts/Split Negative

I'm sorry that it's been a few days since my last post. I have been crazy busy getting all of the latest round of paperwork in order for the adoption. But this morning I mailed it all out. Anyhow, here is another card I did for VSN this last weekend. This one is actually my favorite. I made it for my daughter.


This challenge was called Two Hearts Beat As One. It was to use the split negative technique. This is a technique where you emboss the same image twice, once on a light peice of cardstock using dark embossing powder, and the other time on dark cardstock using light embossing powder. I opted to go for black and white for the image. I used the Gerber Daisy stamp from TAC. I wanted to add another color to the card itself to make it really stand out. Since the card is for my daughter, what better color to use then her favorite. Turq


Supplies:
Stamps: Gerber Daisy, TAC, So Many Sayings
Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black, Tempting Turqiouse
Ink: Black Craft, Versamark
Accessories: Clear EP, White EP, Heat gun, ribbon

Now I just need to get started on DH's birthday cake. He gave me creative liberty on the cake as long as I covered it in chocolate fondant. So I am going to take the opportunity to work on my rose making, using Fondant of course. Which is why I am starting today, it takes forever for these puppies! (two days to be exact) I'll post pics of the finished cake.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's an awesome card

Pam said...

Beautiful card! I may have to try that technique myself. The turquoise is the perfect addition!

Michelle said...

Fantastic card and great technique. Hopped onto your blog and love your stuff.
x Michelle