Friday, January 30, 2009

Fairy Birthday

The other day this card popped into my head that I thought would be so good for my neice Addison's 1st birthday card. Here's the thing though, Addie doesn't turn 1 until April. But I couldn't pass up making her card early anyway. These stamps from Artful Inkables are so cute. I stamped the baby fairy on my cardstock using my Momento Tuxedo Black Ink I then used the masking technique to stamp the mushrooms so that the fairy was sitting on the mushrooms. I colored the fairy and the mushrooms with my trusty copic markers and mounted the image onto Certainly Celery CS. I used my paper piercer to stamp around the edges of the celery peice. The larger celery peice is stamped with the Canvas BG stamp (SU) using Certainly celery ink giving it that tone on tone look. Then I added 5 brads to the left side of that peice, mounted it to my Pretty In Pink card base, paper pierced just under the canvas peice, added my image and then stamped my sentiment using the Momento ink. I serioulsy love this card. It reminds me of Addie. She is the cutest baby girl, seriously (o.k. aside from my own when she was little, but that was 13 yrs ago). Addie always makes me smile. And this fairy is so darling I just knew it would be perfect for Addie's 1st birthday card. :o)


1 comment:

Andrea said...

Should I call to remind you to mail it on time???:)