Monday, January 26, 2009

Birthday Bear

O.k. so it's 1:30 a.m. on Monday morning and for whatever reason I can't sleep. So what better thing to do then blog right? After all I have been promising for a week now that I would post some cards. So I have 1 for you tonight/today. Seeing as how I am starting to get tired I am just going to post the 1. I will have another very special one for your tomorrow (Tuesday) though, and I have lots more so there will be lots and lots to see this week.

Anyhow, I made this card about a week or so ago but I didn't take a picture of it because I hadn't built my macro studio yet. (Just makes the cards look nicer and shows the colors and details better, I'm still getting the hang of it and I could have better lighting when I take the photos but that will have to wait because we are trying to save money right now. But I digress)

I started making this card for my Uncle who has a birthday in April but as it was coming together I decided it should go to my brother-in-law who's birthday is in Feb. Not sure why but this just seems more like an Aaron card then an Uncle John card. So this will go to him and I made another one (different but with the same set) for my Uncle. (in case you haven't noticed I like to make cards individually for each person, makes it more special for the recipient and funner for me.)

For this card I used the Under The Stars stamp set from Stampin' Up! I stamped the stars in black ink on the Blue Bayou cardstock and then colored the stars in with my copic markers. It gives it a fun look. :) I paper pierced the Wasabi cardstock both above and below the Blue peice using my crafter's tool kit (in case you haven't noticed that is one of my favorite tools). The corners of the chocolate chip peice were punched using the ticket corner punch. I colored the bear using my Copics as well, stamped my sentiment on the bottom using the On Your Birthday stamp set (also SU) and added some wide Grosgrain ribbon to finished it off. I am so thrilled with how this turned out. Seriously, I have no clue why this card is just screaming Aaron. But it is. :) I hope he likes it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's cute!! I love that bear!!

I was going to ask you what a Macro Studio was, but I think i understand -- it's for taking pictures of the cards, right?

Pam said...

What an adorable card! I love that little bear - and you've colored him beautifully! The paper piercer is one of my favorite tools too!

AliceAnn said...

This is such a cute card! I love it. I call dad Dove-it's yiddish for bear!

Janele Williams said...

I like it.

I'm not sure why, but you're right. It has "Aaron" written all over it.