Friday, March 16, 2007

Friday's Technique Challenge

It's friday!!! And you know what that means right! It's time for Technique Fridays! :) For today's challenge on ASB I decided to do my favorite Technique. My favorite technique is DTP (Direct to Paper) Here is my card:

I recreated a card I made a couple of years ago for a Virtual Stamp Night challenge on SCS.

Supplies: Always Artichoke CS, Very Vanilla CS, Always Artichoke ink, Sahara Sand ink, Creamy Caramel ink, Always Artichoke marker, Elegant Eggplant marker, French Script BG stamp (SU), Stipple Stencils (SU), Sincere Salutations (SU), Vanilla Ribbon, Artichoke stitched ribbon

After I decided I wanted to do DTP for today's challenge a card I did a couple of years ago for the collage challenge for a VSN popped into my head. So I decided to recreate that card and add a few changes. So I started with my Very Vanilla Piece and stamped my French Script BG stamp onto it using Sahara Sand ink. Then I took my stippled stencils set and stamped the block randomly onto my VV piece using Always Artichoke ink. Then I used my markers to color the vine and grapes stamp from the same set and stamped that randomly. Now, here comes the DTP part. I took my cardstock and dragged it along the Sahara Sand ink pad on all four edges of the cardstock. Then I did the same with the Creamy Caramel ink (because I like the antique-y look that Creamy Caramel gives). DTP is that simple! It just gives your piece a slightly aged, yet elegant look. Then I decided to age it some more and use my stampin' sponge to sponge some of the CC and SS inks onto the BG. After that I added my ribbon. First I put some vanilla grosgrain that I got from one of my Secret Sisters. Then I layered it with some Artichoke stitched ribbon that I got from another Secret Sister. Then I stamped Thinking Of You from Sincere Salutations onto another piece of VV cardstock using AA ink. I decided to distress and age this piece a little as well so I DTP'ed the edges and sponged this piece as well using the CC and SS inks. Then I layered it with AA cardstock and added it to my piece just over top of the ribbon. Then I added the whole piece to my AA card base and Viola!

So what did I change from my original card? Well on my original one used slightly different ink colors, I didn't use ribbon and my sentiment was Happy Anniversary from All Year Cheer 3.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Really beautiful Sharon!!! And green and purple....who woulda thought you'd pick those colors? LOL