Friday, March 23, 2007

Technique Junkies Friday!

I am this month's featured stamper on A Shade Of Blue. I entered a contest and I won so I became the featured stamper. My winning card was a glitter window card. Someone on ASB asked me how I did my card so I thought that Glitter Windows would be the perfect technique for this weeks challenge. Here is my sample card. (Sorry for the bad pic, it looks better IRL. My camera is on the fritz so I had to use my scanner)


Supplies: Whisper White CS, Barely Banana CS, Banana Ribbon, White Organdy Ribbon, Colluzle Oval cutting system, French Script BG Stamp, Heartfelt Thanks Set, Everyday Flexible Phrases Set, Certainly Celery Marker, Apricot Appeal Marker, Packing Tape, Double Sided Tape, Dazzling Diamonds, Barely Banana Ink, Basic Black Ink

First I used my cutting system and oval template to cut an oval window in my Barely Banana CS. Then I inked my French Script BG stamp using Barely Banana Ink and inked up my window piece. After that was done I placed that over my Whisper White CS (don't attached yet) where I wanted my window to be. Then I inked my flower using Apricot Appeal on the flower and Certainly Celery on the stem. (I don't have a Barely Banana marker so that's why I used AA) Then I huffed on it (remember to remoisten the ink before stamping) and I stamped it through my window. This is so when you pull it away your image can be seen through the window. Then I removed the window piece and inked up the outline of the flower with Basic Black ink and stamped that on top of my flowered image. Now comes the glitter part. Then you take your packing tape and attached it to the back of your window. When you flip your window around you should be able to touch the sticky part. Then you sprinkle the glitter (I used Dazzling Diamonds from SU) onto the packing tape. The glitter will attach to the sticky part of the tape. Tap of the excess and put it back in your glitter container. This actually takes very little glitter. Then you take your double sided sticky tape and attach it to the back side of your window and attach that to your image piece. You should now be able to see your previously stamped image through your newly created glitter window. Finish your card as desired. I finished mine by attaching my window to my Whisper White card base and adding some Banana ribbon and then some Organdy ribbon to the left side of my card and stamping then "thanks friend" in the bottom right hand corner with Basic Black Ink. And Viola! A glitter window. It sounds more complicated then it is. It is actually sooo easy! You can also use small punches of different shapes and sizes to created multiple windows.

This is my winning card from ASB:
This is a card that I did for a VSN on SCS, it shows the glitter window technique with multiple windows:

Speaking of VSN!!!! Stop by SCS tonight and tomorrow! It's VSN time!! What is VSN you ask? Why VSN stands for Virtual Stamp Night. Every few months on SCS we have a Virtual Stamp Party. Every hour a new challenge will be posted. You have 45 minutes to complete that challenge. Here is a link to the VSN forum on SCS where you can see complete rules and it's also where the challenges will be listed!

5 comments:

Allison Rankin said...

These look awesome...when I have time (say 2027 when my kids are grown), I'll attempt this!

Lisa said...

Sharon, no wonder you won.... that is a fantastic card!

Alli said...

Well done, sweetie, you deserved to win, the card is awesome. You go girl!

Unknown said...

Your cards are beautiful! Can't decide which one I like the best. I need to try this technique.

Jen said...

Wow, love them all Sharon!!! Great job with the technique!!

*Thinking I have to use that technique again now....* :)