Thursday, March 08, 2007

Technique Fridays! Polished Stone!

I know I am posting this early. I have a doctors appt. in the morning so I won't have time to post the technique challenge to ASB until after my appt. and after all my errands. So I figured I would post it now. After all, it's 1:30 a.m. so it's really Friday. lol Anyhow, I have been working on a project so I haven't had time to do stamping for anything else. (I can't post the project for a while because the recipient is a blog reader.) Since I have been so busy I didn't have any time to do a sample for the weekly technique challenge. So I dug way back into my stash of cards and found this one.
I made it a looong time ago so I apologize that it's so old. I promise I will try to find sometime to do a newer sample of the weekly technique. Anyhow, the weekly challenge is Polished Stone!

Supplies:
Mellow Moss CS, Basic Black CS, Glossy White CS, Brighter Tomorrow stamp set, Lovely As A Tree stamp set, Mellow Moss reinker, Jet Black Staz-On, rubbing alcohol, cotton ball

My card is very easy so I won't go into detail on how I made it. I'll just give you the directions for this fun technique!

1. Add a few drops of metallic re-inker randomly on your glossy cardstock. (I didn't do this step for this card.)
2. Soak your cotton ball with rubbing alcohol.
3. Add about two drops of each classic re-inker color onto your soaked cotton ball. (I only used one color for this card.
4. Dab the cotton ball over your cardstock.
5. Continue dabbing until you achieve the look you want. (If you are using multiple colors, the rubbing alcohol will cause the reinkers to blend. The metallic reinker -if used- will sit on top of the color and make your background look like marble.)
6. Let your cardstock dry and then seal with an acrylic sealer.
7. Finish your card as desired. If you choose to stamp directly on the polished stone piece Staz-On is the best ink to use. You can also use your polished stone piece as a background rather then stamping directly on it.

And Viola! Polished Stone!

I promise, as soon as I get the project I have been working on done and given to the recipient I will post it.

Only today and tomorrow left for my blog contest! I pick the winners on Sunday! Don't miss it! Click here for more details!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

It's lovely! A beautiful sympathy card.

Jen said...

Lovely!! The colors are so soothing and pretty!!!

Joan said...

This card is beautiful. So peaceful and the colors are just perfect. Love that background.