Sunday, March 04, 2007

Sunday's Projects!

I worked on some projects today and I thought I would share.

Project #1: Viola Picture!

Supplies: Whisper White Cardstock, Basic Black Ink, Viola Stamp Set (SU), Watercolor Pencils, Blender Pens, Black frame with mats from Dollar store

First I stamped the chef from Viola onto my Whisper White CS with Basic Black ink. Then I used my watercolor pencils and Blender pens to color my chef. I started out by drawing the color along the edges of the image. Then I pulled the color into the middle using my Blender Pens. After I was done with the chef I decided it was missing something so I stamped the sentiment from Viola on the bottom. Then I put it in my Dollar Store frame. And Viola! Finished!


Project #2:I made this for the reveal package for my Secret Sister on SCS. I filled it with embellishments. I hope she likes it.

Supplies: SAB Simply Scrappin' Kit, Pink Ribbon (from my ribbon share with Jody!), Paper Flowers from making memories (brad included in package), Pencil Box (99 cents from Michaels), Modge Podge, Brush, Whisper White CS, small corner punch, 1/16 hole punch, red tape, glue dot

First I took the stripped paper from the SAB SS kit and I cut the pieces to fit my Pencil Box. Then I used the brush to apply the modge podge little by little to the box adhereing the paper as I went. After I was completely done I went over the box with a thin layer of modge podge and let dry to seal the box. I noticed I had gotten a few smudges on the bottom of the box so I attached a piece of Whisper White CS to the bottom of the box using the same method I did with the stripped paper. Then I took the green square that says Create from the SS kit and attached it to a piece of whisper white that was cut to be just smaller then the green square. Then I used my small corner punch on three of the corners to mimic the rounded corners on the green piece. Then I used my hole punch to make a small hole on the left hand side of the square. I took my two sizes of flowers that came in the package and put the yellow brad through them and then put the brad through the hole I had just made in the square. I used my red tape (SU Sticky Tape) to attach the ribbon going all the way around the box. I then used a seperate piece of ribbon to tie a bow in the front of the box. I attached the box down with a small glue dot so the box wouldn't unravel and slide around. And Viola! An inexpensive, yet lovely pencil box.(if I do say so myself *giggle*)

4 comments:

Jennifer C. said...

Cute box! Now you've got me thinking about what I should make for SS reveal!!

Robyn said...

Very nice projects!! What a fun day for you!!

Robyn

Lisa said...

awesome! Great projects!

Jen said...

Love them both!!! How fun!