Friday, March 30, 2007

Technique Friday!

It's Friday! And you know what that means! It's time for Technique Friday! :)
I know, I know, it's late! But hey, it's 10:59 p.m. so technically it's still Friday! LOL

Anyhow, this weeks technique is Faux Stitching! I got the Crafter's Tool Kit thanks to the enabling of my friend Belinda who also happens to be my SU demo, who also happens to be my upline. LOL She has been demoing the tool kit for a few months now and I just had to have it! What can I say, she's good at her job. LOL So I decided this week would be faux stitching! I had to make an Easter Card to send to DD so I figured I would go ahead and make her card using faux stitching and it would kill two birds with one stone so to speak.
Supplies: (Most items are Stampin Up!) Pretty In Pink CS, Barely Banana CS, Whisper White CS, Crafter's Tool Kit, White Gel Pen, Baskets Full Of Fun Hostess Set, Tags So Much Hostess Set, All Year Cheer Set, Basic Black Ink, Various Stamping Write Markers, Q-Tip, Moss Gingham Ribbon


I got the long envelopes (6.75X3.5) recently and have been wanting to do a long card. So I made a card for my secret sister reveal package that was very similar to this. (only a few changes, but I forgot to take a pic of that one before sending it to her, but my main image was different and I used glitter on my SS's card, and a different sentiment) Anyhow, I decided to start out with Pretty In Pink since it was a spring time Easter Card. I cut my CS to be 6.5 square. Then I scored it at 3.25 and folded. This makes my finished card 6.5X3.25 so it fits perfectly into the envies I got! Then I put down a scrap piece of paper and stamped the flowers from Baskets Full Of Fun using Versamark ink on the right side of my card and then on part of the bottom. I then went over this with the Pretty In Pink pastel by using a Q-Tip. I then took my Paper Piercing Tool from the Crafter's Tool Kit and used that (along with the included guide and spongey thing) to make my even holes. Then I drew white lines where the holes were to create my faux stitching. After that I set the card aside and stamped the bunny from Tags So Much onto my Whisper White CS using Basic Black Ink. Then I colored the bunny and eggs using my markers. I don't remember exactly which colors I used though, sorry! Then I matted this with Barely Banana CS and attached it to the card. It was missing something so I got out my Moss Gingham (not sure of the maker but it's non-SU) and added that under the bunny. To finish it off I stamped Happy Easter using Basic Black Ink in the upper left side of the card. And Viola! A cute Easter card for DD!

No comments: