Monday, March 05, 2007

I know, more changes, but look! It's an owl!

I know, I know, I changed my blog again. Didn't I tell you I like to change things around. (Btw, my mom told me to tell you all that she still changes her house around every 6 months. LOL) Anyhow, my real reason for this post is to show you something that I created last Thursday but I had it in my book (funny how bookmarks end up in books lol) and I kept forgetting to scan it. So, as you know I am a huge Harry Potter fan. Well since I am re-reading all the HP books (for like the 6th or 7th time) in anticipation of the 7th book coming out this summer, I thought I would make a bookmark, just for my HP books. I know, I'm a little nutty, but hey, that's why my friends like me. LOLSupplies: Burgundy CS (don't know the maker), Whisper White CS, Basic Black Ink, So Saffron Ink, Going Gray Ink, Magical & Mystical Stamp Set (SU), Stars stamp (SU Incentive stamp), Blender Pens, Square Punch, small corner punch, Horizontal Slot Punch, Burgundy and Yellow Grosgrain Ribbon (yup, from the ribbon share that Jody did *wink*)

First I cut my Whisper White CS to the size I wanted it. Then I stamped the owl and the sentiment using Basic Black Ink. Then I randomly stamped the stars stamp. I then took my Going Gray ink and squished the pad to the lid to create the pool of ink in the lid. Then I took my blender pen and used the newly created ink pool to highlight parts of my owl. (You can see this a lot better in person) I highlighted my stars (and parts of the moon behind the owl) using this same technique and my So Saffron ink. After I was done with all the stars I mounted my piece to the Burgundy piece that was cut just slightly larger then my white piece. I then took my Square punch and punched a piece out of my scrap burgundy, then I used my corner punch on two of the corners in my square. Before attaching this piece to the top of my bookmark I folded it almost in half and I used the horizontal slot punch to punch my holes in the square. Then I attached it to the top of my bookmark (where the fold is) and again used the horizontal punch to punch the holes in the rest of my book mark. (using the slots I had already punched in the square as a guide of where to punch the other hole). Then I took my ribbon and attached it through the hole. And Viola! A Harry Potter themed bookmark in Gryffindor colors! *grin*

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Great book mark.....I just finished halfblood prince for the 4th time. :)

Jen said...

Love it!! What a great bookmark for your HP books!