Friday, March 02, 2007

A Special Birthday

My mom asked me to create a card for her Mother In Law's Birthday (my stepdad's mom). My mom said she likes quilting and the color blue so I used a card that I had done for my mom using this Rocking Chair from TAC as inspiration, making some minor adjustments of course.

Supplies: Whisper White Cardstock, Bliss Blue Cardstock (I had a spare piece that I needed to use), Bliss Blue Ink, Basic Black Ink, Paper Piercing Tool, Mat Kit, Signo White Gel Pen, Rocking Chair (TAC), Ribbons (TAC), Fresh Fillers (SU), color pencils

First I started with my white card base (5.5 X 7.25), then I stamped the faux ribbon stamp from TAC using Bliss Blue Ink. Then I stamped my rocking chair onto a piece of white cardstock (5.25 X 4) using Basic Black Ink. I colored the rocking chair using color pencils and then matted the image piece onto my Bliss Blue Cardstock (5.5 X 4.25). I went to put my mono adhesive on it so I could attach it to the card and decided the card would look too blank so I took a piece of scratch paper and put it over where I stamped the ribbon. Then I stamped the Fresh Fillers onto the bottom part of the card again using the Bliss Blue ink (removed the scratch paper after that, the paper was just there so the fresh fillers stamp wouldn't effect where I had already stamped the ribbon). I decided it would still need something so I used the Bliss Blue to DTP the edges of the card. Then I decided to stick with the quilting/sewing theme and add some faux stitching. I took out my trusty mat kit and punched holes around the edges of the Bliss Blue Cardstock and then used my White Gel Pen to connect the dots and create the faux stitched look. Now it was time to use the mono to put the card together! Viola! Not my best work, but it's not bad either. *wink* I hope this is what my mom had in mind.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Very pretty. I love the stamp. Your colouring is great!

Laurie Unger said...

Wow, you did an awesome job on the coloring of this! :-)

Jen said...

Wonderful coloring on this Sharon! And I love the stitching around the outside!