Friday, March 02, 2007

Technique Junkies Friday!

So if you have been following my blog you know my news from last Friday. If not, I'll tell you. I head up the Friday Technique Challenge on A Shade Of Blue. So each Friday I pick a challenge and do a sample card and post it on ASB. In addition, each Friday I will let my blog readers know what that challenge was and share my sample with you! So this week the challenge was watercoloring! Here is my sample!

Supplies: Gable Green CS, Positively Pink CS, Whisper White CS, Gerber Daisy (TAC), Canvas BG (SU), I'm not sure the name of the sentiment set but it's from TAC. Pink and Green Ribbon from a ribbon share with Jody a.k.a. Texasjodylynn (link to her blog). Versamark Ink, Basic Black Ink, Positively Pink Ink, Certainly Celery Ink (Gable Green ink was too light), So Saffron Ink, Blender Pen.

First I stamped my flower onto my Whisper White CS. Then I watercolored it using my blender pens and ink pads. (To do this you squish your ink pad before opening it so when you open it you have a pool of ink in the lid that you can use for watercoloring.) I loved how the watercoloring gave a dimensional look to the petals so I wanted to bring that color out. So after mounting my image to a piece of Positively Pink CS I decided to use pink ribbon as my main color ribbon. So I wrapped the pink around the CS then adhered it to the back. Then I took a piece of pink ribbon and green ribbon together and tied them to the front. I like tying ribbon off to one side instead of in the center because (in my opinion) it just gives it a little something extra. Anyhow then I went to attach the image piece to the Gable Green card base but I saw it was going to look kind of blank so I pulled out my Canvas BG stamp. I didn't want it to stand out, just kind of add a subtle look to the card so I stamped the BG stamp onto my card base using Versamark ink. Then I attached my image piece and finished it off by stamping the sentiment on the bottom using Basic Black ink. And Viola! Finished!

I'm going to send this to my friend Robyn (Chatter Robyn *wink*). I hope she likes it.

4 comments:

Alli said...

Sharon, she's gonna love it. I love this image and you did such an elegant job with it. What a beautiful card!

Heather S. said...

Robyn is going to love it. Does she read your blog? If so she's going to know.

Sharon said...

LOL No it's a different Robyn I made this for. But I don't know if the Robyn you are talking about reads my blog or not. *wink*

Lisa said...

Very, very pretty!