Sunday, March 11, 2007

Sunday's projects!

O.k. so I needed to stamp and new sample for Friday's technique challenge. It was polished stone remember? So being the purple and green nut I am, I chose those colors. Well that, and I only have a few reinker colors and these were the only two that really went together. LOL
The marble effect from the silver reinker is so much better in person. Anyhow, here is what I did:
Supplies:
Mellow Moss CS, Perfect Plum CS, White Glossy CS, Aida Cloth BG, So Very, Chipboard, Button, white grosgrain ribbon, Black Staz-On, Mellow Moss reinker, Perfect Plum reinker, Silver reinker, Versamark, Mellow Moss Craft ink, Perfect Plum Craft ink, glue dot

First I took my glossy white CS and did the polished stone tech. I explained in Friday's post how to do that so I won't go into detail. Anyhow, once I got the effect I wanted I mounted it to my Perfect Plum CS. Then I decided to use some of the chipboard that my DH got me for Christmas. So I took out my Craft inks and dyed my chipboard the color I wanted it to be by pressing the chipboard directly on the ink pad until I got the desired color. I had to do the flower twice because it didn't cover completely the first time. (stubborn chipboard) Then I added some ribbon by looping it through the holes in the Moss chipboard piece. After that I added the flower by using a glue dot and then added the button to the center of the flower. (Wait until the ink is completely dry or the glue dot won't stick-- ask me how I know. LOL) Then I added the ribbon and chipboard to the polished stone piece. I liked it kind of near the bottom and off center (cause I'm slightly off myself *no comment from the peanut gallery*) but then there was alot of space at the top. I have been wanting to do a card using my So Very set since I saw my friend Alli's card on her blog (link at the right) early today using that set. So pulled that set out and stamped the So Very directly onto the polished stone using Black Staz-On. Then I went to add the stoned piece to the card base but thought that would be too plain. So I took out my trusty Aida BG stamp and stamped it onto the Moss Card base using Versamark. There, that was nice and subtle, I thought. So I then added the stoned piece to the card and then stamped the word Blessed at the bottom, again off center, because, well, that's me (I said no comment from the peanut gallery) using my black Staz-On. And Viola!



I also stamped a card for my niece who is expecting a baby girl at the end of the month.
Supplies: Paper flowers (white from Making Memories, pink from American Crafts), Yellow bling brad (MM), Pretty In Pink CS, Whisper White CS, White Grosgrain ribbon, Pretty In Pink ink, Versamark, Aida BG stamp, Delight In Life stamp set, Mini Mates stamp set

This card was easy. All I did was stamp the small flower from Delight In Life on the Whisper White CS using Pretty In Pink ink. Then I stamped the Aida Cloth (yes, I like that stamp. LOL) using Versamark onto the Pretty In Pink CS. Then I attached the two. It needed something to separate the two layers so I added some White Grosgrain ribbon and then added a small bow. Then I tried some paper piercing in the right hand bottom corner but that just looked yucky so I covered it up using my flowers and a yellow bling brad in the middle. I loved the look so I left it as is. On the inside I stamped Welcome Baby! from the Mini Mates stamp set. And Viola! Quick, easy, and darn cute (if I do say so myself!)

3 comments:

Dorinda said...

Sharon these turned out just lovely!! You did great!!

Jen said...

They're both beautiful Sharon!!

Rika said...

These are wonderful!