Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Color Challenge #103 on SCS

This is my card for this weeks color challenge on SCS. The challenge was to use the colors Elegant Eggplant, Certainly Celery, & Cool Caribbean in a card. I don't have Cool Caribbean so I subbed Bashful Blue. This challenge was a lot harder for me then I thought it would be. Considering that Purple and Green are my two favorite colors, but it was really hard. Here are my results:
O.k. so it isn't horrible I guess. I wanted to use Polka Dot's and Paisley from the new spring mini. I am really having a hard time with the paisley from that set (it looks like an embellished ameba to me) so I made myself use that stamp in this card. First I decided that I would use Elegant Eggplant as my Base. Then I randomly stamped the paisley using Certainly Celery ink onto my Certainly Celery CS. After this I took out my Bashful Blue piece and stamped the Polka Dots using Bashful Blue ink. Then I inked up my flower using my markers and stamped it onto the top of my Whisper White. The petals are in Bashful Blue, the stem in Certainly Celery and the outline for the petals in Elegant Eggplant. At the bottom of my whisper white piece I stamped the saying using Elegant Eggplant ink. Then I attached my whisper white piece to the Bashful Blue. I felt the card was going to need a little embellishment before I finished assembling the card (you know, to distract the eye from the embellished ameba) so I added some Eggplant colored ribbon and attached a little silver brad. Then I finished putting the card together.
O.k. like I said, not totally bad... that little ameba, I mean paisley, might just grow on me. *wink*

No comments: