Friday, February 16, 2007

I did some creating today. For this card there was no stamping involved. First I did faux stitching around the edge of my Certainly Celery card base using my Signo Gel Pen. Then I added the Chocolate Chip Square. Then I did some zig zag faux stitching around that square. Then I punched out two flowers using the old Daisy punch from SU and added white dots. Then I took some pieces from the Simply Scrappin' hostess kit from SU and added the blue square adding white dots on it. Then I put in the corner piece also from the kit and added my flowers on mini glue dots. Then I added the leaves and small green flowers from the kit. It needed a sentiment so I hand wrote the word Love using my White Gel Pen. And Viola! A card that took about 4 minutes and used no stamps.


I am in an ATC swap on SCS. This swap has 51 of use each doing cards that represents our state (Washington DC included). I live in Kansas which is the Sunflower state so thus I used Sunflowers on my cards. An ATC for those of you who don't know, stands for Artist Trading Card and is approximately the size of a baseball card (3.5X2.5). First I took my So Saffron base and I cute my pieces to be 3.5X2.5. Then I cut my Close To Cocoa pieces to be 2.25X2.75 and cut my Very Vanilla Piece to be slightly smaller than that at 2X2.5. After all my pieces were cut I cut my Cocoa Ribbon which I got courtesy of a ribbon share that my friend Jody (texasjodylynn) hosted (her blog link is on the right). Then I stamped my sunflower from Give Thanks onto my Very Vanilla pieces. I watercolored them by using my Earth Elements WWC (watercolor crayons) and a watercolor brush. Then after all my sunflowers were done I attached them to the Close To Cocoa piece. Then I attached the ribbon to my So Saffron ATC base and then attached the finished and matted image piece. It was looking pretty plain so I added Thanks For Making Me Smile from the set Small Sayings. And Viola! My very first ATC's!

Not bad if I do say so myself!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Wow, busy , busy! The top card is so funky and amazing! Great job.