Monday, February 26, 2007

Yay me!!

I stamped! Yay!! I realized tonight while cleaning up my stamp room that I haven't used my Chickens set from Missy B Designs! That set cracks me up! So when I finished cleaning I pulled the set out and sat down to create. I started with the image. I stamped the ruffled feather chicken using Basic Black onto Whisper White CS. Then I used my watercolor pencils and a blender pen to give some color to the chicken. After I was done I realized the chicken ended up yellow, orange and red. (Not sure how that happened, it just did. lol) So I chose those for my colors on the card. Now if you know me, you know this is a HUGE departure for me. I NEVER use those colors together! Actually, I never use Only Orange or Yo Yo Yellow on anything so this was way out of my comfort zone. Anyhow, I decided to make Only Orange my base color. Why? cause I'm almost out of Real Red. (I know, *shock*) Well I realized that the only orange was a little, well, bright, so it needed to be softened. I started by sponging White Craft ink all over the card using my Stampin' Sponge. I couldn't really see enough of a difference so I did the same thing using Creamy Caramel. Then I lightly brushed the edges of my card using the ink pad of both colors. I liked the effect this gave so I did the same thing on the yellow piece. After this was done I put the card together, kind of an odd layout but hey, it works. It was missing something, so me being the paper piercing nut I have been lately (thank you to my upline for that, she has been piercing her stuff alot too. LOL) I decided to do a little faux stitching using a zig zag pattern. After I finished the piercing I followed the zig zag using my White Gel Pen. After I was done I thought it was still missing something so I stamped the sentiment "Didn't mean to ruffle your feathers..." directly onto the image piece using Basic Black. And then I stamped the "Sorry!" in the right hand corner to kind of balance it out. I'm actually pretty happy with how it turned out. I mean, it is a total departure for me but I'm still pleased. Well, as pleased as I can be with a Orange, Yellow and Red card. LOL

So where is this chicken masterpiece, right here:



Don't forget, if you haven't subscribed to my blog yet, the contest runs until March 10th!

No comments: