Tuesday, February 20, 2007

The Chinese New Year!

For the Chinese New Year! Well it's actually for the Color Challenge on SCS. The colors were chosen for the Chinese New Year so does that count? Real Red, Basic Black & Gold! I knew right away when I saw this challenge that it was a reason to use my Kanji set. (Ha Ha!) Anyhow, I took out my Kanji set and chose the stamp. My eyes immediately fell on the Harmony stamp. Then I thought, Harmony, OH! I am gonna use a saying from the Happy Harmony SAB set! Perfect! So I used Versamark and I inked up my Canvas BG Stamp. Then I stamped it onto my Real Red Piece. Then after that was not sticky anymore I again used my Versamark and stamped the saying from Happy Harmony and used my Gold EP on it. Then I attached it to my Basic Black Card Base. Then I stamped the Harmony Kanji stamp on Whisper White CS and attached that to my new Brushed Gold CS. Then I attached that to the card. It was definately missing something so I added some gold ribbon. Yes, that was perfect! Viola! Done! Thanks for a fun challenge Emily!

(Sorry about the bad picture, the lighting is bad in my house right now.)

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Great card. I love the gold embossing.